The government banned international flights for a week staring this Sunday in order to escalate measures to fight coronavirus. Also, PM Modi urged children below 10-years and people above 65-years should stay inside. Meanwhile 18 new COVID-19 cases took the total number of coronavirus cases to 173 on Thursday. The pandemic has claimed over 8,000 lives globally.
Highlights of the story
• People above 65-years are advised to stay indoors until necessary. Only public representatives, doctors and government employees should come outside.
• All concessional travel except for students, patients and people with special needs are suspended by railways and airlines.
• Private sector employees are urged to work from home across all states, except for emergency and essential services.
• Fourth COVID-19 death of a 70-year old man with travel history to Germany was reported from Punjab. The earlier three deaths were from Delhi, Punjab and Karnataka.
• Punjab suspended public transport services in addition to restricting public gathering to less than 20 from Friday night. It became the first state to do so.
• The centre has sent 50% of his employees to … Read the rest