How to stay safe from COVID-19?
Together with China, India is also suffering from novel coronavirus. After China, the virus is wreaking havoc in different parts of the globe. However, it is under control in India right now and the stakeholders are spreading awareness about COVID-19. But there are more rumours than information.
Things to do to prevent coronavirus
• Practice personal hygiene
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub
• Keep washing hands even when they look clean
• Cover your mouth with a handkerchief or tissue paper while coughing and sneezing
• Dispose off the used tissue safely
• Maintain a safe distance(1 meter/3 feet) from others especially those with flu-like symptoms
• Sneeze on the inner-side of the elbow and not on palms
• Monitor your body temperature and respiratory symptoms especially when feeling unwell. Wear a face mask while visiting a doctor
What not to do with coronavirus
• Avoid shaking hands
• Stay away, if you have flu-like symptoms
• Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth
• Don’t sneeze or cough on your palms
• Don’t spit at public places
• Avoid unnecessary travel especially in affected areas
• Neither sit in groups nor participate in events
• Don’t spread rumours
Coronavirus status in India
There are total of 166 coronavirus cases in India. So far, Maharashtra has received highest number of cases followed by Kerala. Also, 4 cases are reported from Noida in Delhi NCR. The government has ordered closure of schools and colleges till further notice to contain coronavirus.