Mayank Agarwal And Cheteshwar Pujara Polled In 100-Runs After Early Dismissal Of Rohit Sharma In 2nd Test Day 1 Match
The opening-day of 2nd Test between India and South Africa saw early dismissal of Rohit Sharma but Mayank Agarwal and CheteshwarPujara put India in a dominant position by putting in 100-runs together. South Africa also made a change in bowling order. It brought spinners at both the ends.
Highlights of the match
- Playing at 37, CheteshwarPujara went ahead for a big one into the mid-wicket stands. He took a lose ball by SenuranMuthuswany to hit a six.
- Captain Faf du Plessis brought Anrich Nortje to test the strength of Mayank Agarwal in facing bouncers. But Mayank hit back-to-back boundaries and put Indian score over 100-runs.
- Anrich Nortje and Keshav Maharaj brought South Africa back to game with a couple of tight overs but this success was short-lived as soon as Pujara pick up a boundary and took India past the 90-run mark.
- Anrich Nortje tried hard to break the 2nd wicket partnership of Indian batsmen. He wanted to take advantage of Mayank’s weakness against short-pitched balls.
- Mayank Agarwal made his 4th half-century in Test Cricket. This Karnataka batsman proved cricket after taking lead from Rohit Sharma. Early dismissal of Rohit