India lost the first Test of the two-match series with New Zealand on Monday. It was the first match of the ICC World Test Championship. It is the first in the series and 100th Test victory for the Kiwis.
Highlights of India v/s New Zealand First Test Match
• New Zealand captain Kane Williamson won the toss and put India to bat first in overcast conditions.
• On the first day, India lost five wickets before rain washed out the final session.
• Ajinkya Rahane scored highest 46 runs from India in the first inning.
• In bowling, Kyle Jamieson and Southee picked up four wickets each and Trent Boult got one.
• New Zealand batting score was 225 for seven wickets but the last three wickets added 123 runs and gave Kiwis a lead of 183 runs.
• Kane Williamsons cored highest 89 runs for New Zealand.
• India started poor in the second innings when Prithvi Shaw handed an easy catch to Tom Latham at short square-leg.
• Indian captain Virat Kohli gave his worst performance as he … Read the rest