The Government of India has declared birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on 23rd January as “Parakram Diwas”. PM Modi will visit Kolkata on the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji to start the celebrations.
PM Modi addressed the people of Bengal as dear sisters and brothers of West Bengal. He said that he was honoured to in their midst that too on the auspicious day of “Parakram Diwas”. During the programmes in Kolkata, the nation would pay tribute to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
Highlights of PM’s West Bengal visit
• The visit will start with visiting Netaji Bhawan at Elgin Road followed by an inaugural function of the “Parakram Diwas” celebration at Victoria Memorial in Kolkata
• Visit Jerenga Pathar in Sivasagar, Assam where PM will distribute 1.06 lakh land pattas/allotment certificates
• PM will also release a commemorative coin and postage stamp on Netaji
• Visit to National Library, Kolkata for an international conference “Re-visiting the legacy of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in the 21st Century”
• Amra Nuton Jouboneri Doot, a cultural programme based on Netaji’s life will be held
• PM will also inaugurate a permanent exhibition … Read the rest