Delhi’s longest serving Chief Minister and Congress leader, Sheila Dikshit, breathed her last at 03:55 PM in the Escorts Hospital in Delhi. Admitted to the hospital a few days ago, Ms. Dikshit suffered a cardiac arrest today.
Three-times Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit remained Chief Minister of Delhi from 1998-2013 until the Arvind Kejriwal led AamAadmi Party came to power in the 2013 election. She represented Gole Market assembly from 1998-2003 and the New Delhi parliamentary constituency in 2008.
• Member of Parliament from Kannauj constituency from 1984-1989
• Member of Indian delegationUnited Nations Commission on the Status of Women from 1948-89
• Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs from 1986-1989
• Member of Legislative Assembly Gole Market from 1998-2008 (Seat Delimited)
• Member of Legislative Assembly New Delhi from 2008-2013 (Seat Created)
• 22nd Governor of Kerala from 2014-2015
Born on 31 March 1938 in Kapurthala, Punjab, British India, Sheila Dikshit married Vinod Dikshit, IAS officer and son of former West Bengal governor Uma Shankar Dikshit. She has two children – son Sandeep Dikshit and daughter Latika Syed. Her son … Read the rest