In the first concrete step towards government formation in Maharashtra, Shiv Sena, NCP and Congress agreed to a 40-poing Common Minimum Program (CMP). But the draft is yet to be shared with the chiefs of the three parties for approval.
Highlights of the draft CMP
• Shiv Sena being the largest party in the alliance would get 16 cabinet berths
• NCP will have 14 cabinet ministers in the state government
• Congress is satisfied with only 12 seats in cabinet ministry
• The post of Speaker is likely to be offered to Congress
• Shiv Sena will get Deputy Speaker’s post
• NCP will get the post of chairman of legislative council
• Shiv Sena will occupy deputy chairman of the council
Who will be the CM?
While the leaders of alliance parties are claiming that the contentious issues have been sidelined but the biggest issue of choosing the Chief Minister is yet to be decided. Shiv Sena is staking claim on CM’s post but it could agree on rotating CM or the alliance parties could get equal term … Read the rest