Deepak Chahar Took 6 Wickets Including A Hat-Trick In 3rd T20I Against Bangladesh in Nagpur
Deepak Chaharhelped India win the T20I series with Bangladesh by taking 6 wickets in 7 runs in the 3rd and the last match of the series. He also broke the record of Sri Lanka’s AjanthaMendis of taking 6 wickets in 8 runs but 6/7 in the 3rd T20I against Bangladesh in Nagpur. India won the series by 2-1.
Highlights of Deepak Chahar bowling
• Became 1st Indian bowler to take a hat-trick in T20I
• His hat-trick is spread over 2 overs
• He bowled Shafiul Islam out on the last ball of the 18th over
• Mustafizur Rahman and bowling Aminul Islamwere also bowled out by Chahar
Bangladesh batting highlights
• India set a target of 175 runs for Bangladesh
• Mohammad Naim scored 81
• Naim scored maiden T20I fifty off 33 balls
• Mohammad Mithun scored 27
• Bangladesh crossed 100-run mark in the 12th over
Bangladesh put a brave front with Naim and Mithun pooling 98-runs for third-wicket. The newbies including Sivan Dube and Yuzvendra Chahal couldn’t stop the batsmen from scoring runs. Naim also scored his 50 runs while making the Indian fielders run after his shots to boundaries.
Introduction of Chahar in the last leg of the match tilted the game in the favor of India and finally the Bangladesh team was packed to pavilion by Chahar taking maximum 6 wickets by giving only 7 runs.
Indian bowlers with hat tricks
Tests: Harbhajan Singh and Irfan Pathan
ODIs: Chetan Sharma, Kapil Dev, Kuldeep Yadav & Mohammed Shami
T20Is: Deepak Chahar