Terminator: Dark Fate is the sixth instalment of the Terminator series that began in 1984 with Arnold Schwarzenegger playing the lead role. The aging actor has also a role in the sixth series because no series would complete without the Terminator of all Terminators.
The apocalypse that was thought to have been averted is on its way but it has been modified lightly to suit to the sixth instalment. The story starts from August 29, 1997 just three years after defeating T-1000. Sara Connor is heard saying that she knew that it would happen. In the next scene, Sara is seen sitting with her teenage son John on beach in Guatemala. Suddenly a T-800 Terminator arrives and kills John. Twenty-two years later in Mexico City, an auto worker meets the same fate at the hands of Terminator Rev 9. The auto worker, Daniella Ramos, is caught unaware by the attack but saved by Grace, a human resistance fighter with cybernetic enhancements.
Highlights of the movie
- The story relies on the same premise of a killing machine hunting people
- The chase of Terminator is made more interesting than the actual climax fight
- Mackenzie Davis looks impressive in the role of a muscular, agile, gender-fluid super soldier
- James Cameron and his magnetic leading lady Linda Hamilton are brought in the movie
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is back and an evolved machine. He’s Carl and he looks fit and younger in this role
Visually, the movie is made spectacular with brilliant visual effects after all it is all about karma and karmic connections. Overall, the movie is an enjoyable fare but the viewers would miss the magic touch of Cameron.