Indian Shooters Shot To Top Of Medal Tally At Shooting World Cup
With five gold, two silver and two bronze, India topped the medal tally on the concluding day of ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol in Rio De Jeneiro. Also, India emerged as the leading nation in the ISSF Senior World Cup events in 2019. Its total medal count is 22 including 16 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze.
Highlights of India team’s performance
• Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the mixed 10m air pistol gold on the last day.
• Yashaswini Deswal and Abhishek Verma bagged bronze.
• Apurvi Chandela partnered with Deepak Kumar to win fourth gold for India. Apruvi is world’s number one in women’s 10m air rifle.
• Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar won bronze while representing India 2. They have won two World Cup editions at the same event.
• ManuBhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary did fairly well in comparison to Yashaswini Deswal and Abhishek verma.
• Manu and Saurabh were performing at 3-9, 7-13 and 9-15 before making a remarkable comeback to the tournament. They have won four ISSF Mixed Team Air Pistol world cup gold medals each this year.
• The winning pair scored 394 out of 400 in round two of qualification and it includes an amazing 100 each in the final 10-shot series. But Yashaswini and Abhishek came second with 386.
• Indian shooters left Hungry and China 1 scrambling for bronze which Chinese pair of Pang Wei and Jiang Riaxin won.
• In an earlier game, Apurvi and Deepak defeated Yang Qian and Yu Haonan of China with 16-6 in a one-sided final.
• Apurvi and Deepak featured among the top eight teams after 20 individual shots in round two.
• Anjum and Divyansh defeated Hungarians in 16-10 results to win bronze.
• They lie fourth with 418.0 and qualified for bronze medal while the Hungarian pair of Eszter Meszaros and Peter Sidi could score only 418.6 and finished third. For more information please visit our latest trending News