On the occasion of Mahashivratri, the Shiva devotees will perform jalabhishek at Shivalayas on Friday. The devotees had been decorating Shiva temples till late evening on Thursday. Also, the police and administration were busy making extensive security arrangements for the devotees.
• A batch of devotees from various districts of Gazipur will leave for Ganges to fill the holy water. They will go on foot and bring water for jalabhishek of Lord Shiva in Shiva temples on Mahashivratri.
• Special arrangements for Mahashivratri have been made at Shitala Mata Dham, Mathia Tola Shivala, Shiva temple at Bheeti, Shiva temple at Katuapura, Shiva temple at Azamgarh Mor, Shiv temple at District Hospital, Brahmasthan, Roadways Shiv temple, including Sindhi Baba Ki Kuti.
• Bhajan kirtan of Lord Shiva started on Thursday itself at various Shiva temples including Madhuban’sShivpurPanti, Kopaganj andLarodonwar.
• The temples are beautifully decorated with electric lights and religious programs organized for devotees.
• At major Shiva temples, the decoration of Lord Shiva would be done with flowers and the consecration would be with milk and holy water from Ganga.
• The Shiva … Read the rest