It is a power-packed movie with solid punches of Hindi dialogue
Vikram Vedha is a remake of a 2017 Tamil movie of the same name but from the same directors. Writer and director couple Pushkar-Gayathri is the maker of the original Tamil and remake Hindi movie. And they have left the audiences guessing which one is a better movie.
SSP Vikram (Saif Ali Khan) is pressed into an operation of nabbing a sly and slippery gangster Vikram (Hrithik Roshan) who lords over the Lucknow underworld and keeps the police officers on their toes. It is the same Tamil story told in Hindi but with new characters. And it won’t be an exaggeration to say that the director couple has relied much on the star cast to make the film popular in the Hindi belt.
• A drastic backdrop change and Hindi dialogues that are both conversational and philosophical bring minor tweaks to the story
• The battle between two legendary actors is crammed with intrigue and energy
• Lucknow with its historic structures gives the movie a distinctive visual texture
• The cinematographer has made significant adjustments to suit the new location and production design
• Saif Ali Khan makes a far better Vikram than R. Madhavan in the Tamil movie
• The story matches line-by-line with the Tamil movie
• Saif and Hrithik together outperform the supporting characters
• Vijay Sethupathi looks far better than Hrithik Roshan
Vikram Vedha First Look & Poster
The Wikipedia poster is cut with a slanting line to provide equal space for the two legendary actors giving their power-packed performances in the movie. Both the actors are wielding guns and aiming at the city seen in the background. While Hrithik wants to rule the city with a gun, Saif is there to protect the city with a gun.
Why Watch The Movie?
Fans of Saif Ali Khan and Hrithik Roshan will certainly visit cinema halls to see their favorite actors in action. Also, the popularity of original Tamil movies will bring audiences to theaters. Those who have seen the Hindi-dubbed Tamil movie will also see the Hindi remake that gives a taste of Bollywood.
It has been two decades that Saif Ali Khan and Hrithik Roshan were seen in a movie after Naa Tum Jaano Na Hum (2002)
The directors, editor, and cinematographer of the movie are the same