Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Wednesday made actor Jacqueline Fernandez an accused in the extortion case linked to conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar. The investigators organized a confrontation between the two to prove their involvement in the crime.
Here’re 10 highlights of the confrontation.
- They said they were connected over the phone from January’21 end to August’21 and they met twice in Chennai in June.
- JF said they spoke for the first time in the last week of January’21 but SC said it was December 2020.
- JF said they used both WhatsApp calls and WhatsApp video calls for communication but SC said it was WhatsApp only.
- JF said SC introduced himself as Shekhar Ratna Vela and as the owner of Sun TV and as the nephew of Jayalalithaa but SC denied it.
- SC has earlier said that he had purchased a BMW Car for Geraldine Fernandez, sister of JF. But both denied it during the confrontation.
- SC has earlier said that he had purchased cars for the parents of JF in Bahrain. But both denied it during the confrontation.
- SC has earlier said he had arranged USD 185000 into the bank account of Geraldine Fernandez in the USA. But JF said the amount was 150000 USD while SC denied it.
- SC has earlier said that he had arranged USD 50000 into the bank account of Geraldine Fernandez in the USA. But JF said it was 15 lakhs only while SC denied it.
- SC has earlier accepted giving expensive items to JF. JF also admitted getting 4 bags from Gucci, Chanel, Saint Laurent, and Dior, 2 shoes from Louis Vuitton and Louboutin, 2 outfits from Gucci, perfumes, 4 cats, a Mini Cooper, 2 diamond earrings, a multicolored diamond bracelet. But SC denied it.
- JF admitted that SC gave ₹ 15 Lacs to Advaita Kala on behalf of her. But SC denied it.