India Had A Total Of 58 Coronavirus Cases On Tuesday
With 11 fresh cases of coronavirus were reported from Kerala and Karnataka, the total number of coronavirus cases in India reached to 58 on Tuesday. Meanwhile the central government airlifted 58 Indians from Iran, one of the worst-hit by the outbreak.
Highlights of the big story
• The evacuation from Iran was the second in two weeks by Indian Air Force’s larges military aircraft, C-17 Globemaster.
• Kerala has shut its cinema halls down till March 31 in the wake of 12 new cases in three days.
• 8 new cases were reported from Bengaluru, Delhi, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Punjab and Pune.
• The 63-year-old woman from Jammu and Kashmir with a travel history to Iran was among the two cases that were declared “high viral load cases”.
• Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan said that over 8.74 lakh passengers coming from foreign countries had been screened. Also, the cruise ships are prevented to dock at Indian ports.
• Billions of dollars were wiped off global markets including domestic market on Monday.
• The Manipur government closed all entry points with Myanmar to prevent spread of coronavirus.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi defers his visit to Bangladesh next week after detection of coronavirus cases in the country. He was called to commemorate the 100th birth anniversary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
• The coronavirus scare could cost the global economy between $0.1 and $2.0 trillion warned UN economists. Also, they asked to increase spending to prevent the infection.