Jhund Movie Review
Amitabh Bachchan Becomes The Face And Voice Of Vijay Barse
Jhund is a biography written like poetry. It is the story of a sports teacher who transforms the lives of slum children with football. He shows how a game can improve the quality of life of kids, especially those standing on the verge of an abusive life.
Vijay Borade (Amitabh Bachchan) is a retired sports teacher but an energetic body and mind. Post-retirement, he sets out to change the lives of slum children with a ball. He decides to train them in football after seeing them playing with a plastic bucket. Vijay Borade thinks that if these kids are kept busy in the game, they won’t become victims of the abusive life of a slum. And he starts an NGO to train them in football and organizes a football tournament for slum children.
Highlights Of The Movie:
• Based on a real-life story
• No melodrama added to the movie
• The story moves parallel to the life of Vijay Barse, the real hero of the movie
• The movie successfully portrays the class divide in the society
• Outstanding dialogues and a stellar performance by Amitabh Bachchan
Jhund First Look And Poster
The poster features Amitabh Bachchan with a pink and white football and his team follows him in the backdrop. The slum dwellers in different attires and expressions make Jhund or mass and Amitabh Bachchan becomes their face.
Why Watch The Movie?
Vijay Barse first appeared before the public in the talk show of Amir Khan. People came to know about his contribution to the development of slum kids. The movie Jhund is like reading the biography of Vijay Barse. Watching Jhund movie is like reading a good book. It is a family movie that inspires everyone.
• Amitabh Bachchan charged half of his acting fee to help the makers of Jhund
• It is the directorial debut of Nagraj Manjule
• It is also the acting debut of Nagraj Manjule
• Hindi debut of Akash Thosar