Manchester City Wins Premier League Title But Loses Its Respect

Manchester City made 3 goals in just 15 minutes to retain the Premier League title. Man City was playing with Aston Villa and trailing behind 2-0 goals when it dramatically turned the match upside down by scoring 3 goals in the last couple of minutes of the match. But their fans spoiled the job.


• Man City won the Premier League title by defeating Aston Villa by 3-0 goals
• İlkay Gündoğan scored two goals and Rodri scored one goal
• City fans poured on the pitch and behaved roughly with players
• Aston Villa goalkeeper was attacked alleged Steven Gerrard

What Happened During Man City Match?

Manchester City was about to lose the title to Liverpool when the match entered the last 15 minutes and the City was trailing by 2-0. Suddenly the Man City players charged to Aston Villa’s goal and scored three goals in 76, 78, and 81 minutes of the game. It was a dramatic move that changed the mood of the City fans. Their sinking hopes revived and they couldn’t control their emotions.

As soon as the final whistle of the match was blown, the City fans started pouring onto the pitch. They trampled the crossbar of Aston Villa’s goalpost and attacked The Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen. Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard registered a strong protest and demanded strict action against the fans.

What Did Man City Do After The Alleged Attack?

Man City Do After The Alleged Attack

The City was quick to release an apology on behalf of its fans. It issued a statement apologizing to Aston Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen who was assaulted when City fans poured on the pitch. Also, the club launched an immediate investigation into the incident and promised to impose an indefinite stadium ban on the culprits.

Earlier Incidents Of Attacks On Teams

On Tuesday, a Nottingham Forest fan was jailed for headbutting Sheffield United captain Billy Sharp during the second leg of the semi-final match.

Earlier on Thursday, Crystal Palace manager Patrick Vieira was booked by Merseyside Police for kicking an Everton fan who taunted him during the match. The same day at Port Vale, Swindon manager Ben Garner alleged that his players were “physically and verbally abused” after their defeat.


Leave a Comment