Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched 5G services at an event today. Over the next couple of years, the services will cover the entire length and breadth of the country. PM is hopeful of a big economic impact of the 5G services.
10 Highlights Of 5G Services Launched Today
- The 5G service is capable of supporting ultra-high-speed Internet throughout the country.
- It is expected to become a new transformational force unleashing new economic opportunities and societal benefits for Indian society.
- The cumulative impact of 5G services is estimated to reach $450 billion by 2035.
- The three major telecom companies in the country demonstrated the potential of 5G technology before the PM.
- Each telecom operator demonstrated one use case of the latest technology during the launch.
- According to experts, the manufacturing sector is expected to be benefitted most (12%) followed by agriculture (11%).
- 5G will account for more than a third of total mobile connections in the country by 2030. The share for 2G and 3G services is further dwindling to less than 10%.
- India’s high level of 4G adoption (79%) provides a strong base for the establishment and spread of 5G services throughout the country.
- The government has set a target of 80% coverage of 5G telecom services in a short time frame.
- GMR group that runs Delhi Airport said that it had made its facility compliant with the 5G network. The passengers will be able to avail of 5G services once they are made available by the Telecom Service Providers (TSPs).