The 5G services have been launched by network providers in selected cities. And it will take them some time to cover the entire country. While Jio promises 5G services by December 2023, Bharti Airtel will do it by March 2024.
10 Highlights Of 5G Services
- Jio 5G services are available in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Varanasi, and Airtel 5G services are started in Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Nagpur, and Siliguri.
- Users will require 5G handsets but there is no need to replace existing SIM to avail of the 5G services.
- In the initial phase, 5G networks will provide data at 600 mbps which is at par with professional computers.
- Jio will provide 5G services at 1 GBPS to all its customers under the ‘Beta trial’. But experts say that this speed will be available only very close to the mobile stations.
- 5G network will enable users to download a 6GB HD movie in 1 minute 25 seconds and a 4K movie in 3 minutes at 600 mbps.
- Nokia senior vice president and head of India market Sanjay Malik said that the launch of 5G services would double the average data consumption per user within one and half years.
- Indian mobile phone company Lava has announced the cheapest 5G smartphone, LavaBlaze 5G with a 5,000 mAH battery in the price range of ₹ 10,000. It will be launched around Diwali.
- Market research and analysis firm TechArc Chief Analyst Faisal Kawoosa said that 5G services would increase the power consumption of mobile devices due to the use of cloud-based applications.
- The June 2022 Ericsson Mobility Report shows that 5G services will scale faster than expected and would soon become 40% of all mobile subscriptions by