Sena Exits NDA Government Following Sharad Pawar’s Advice; CWC Meeting To Discuss Maha Govt Formation
The feud over government formation in Maharashtra reached the center on Monday when Shiv Sena’s only minister in the Modi-led government resigned.
Shiv Sena asked Arvind Swant to resign from the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government. He was Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises. It was a precondition set by NCP chief Sharad Pawar to start negotiation for government formation in Maharashtra.
Important developments in Maharashtra politics
- Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyariinvited Shiv Sena to form government after BJP declined the stake claim to power. Shiv Sena has to show numbers by Monday evening.
- Udbhav Thackeray is tipped to the CM with an NCP-deputy according to a formula reached over the weekend.
- Congress chief Sonia Gandhi was reluctant to support Shiv Sena but Congress Working Committee will meet to discuss the situation under pressure from Maharashtra leaders.
- Saamna, the mouthpiece of Shiv Sena, indicated towards the possibility of Sena forming a government with the help of 54 NCP and 44 Cong MLAs.
- Shiv Sena moved its legislators to a resort in Mud Island after accepting the invite for government formation. Sena fears poaching of its MLAs by