Reliance Jio is gearing up to roll out an advanced 5G network after buying spectrum worth ₹ 88,078 crore in the auctions. Chairman of Reliance Jio Infocomm, Akash M Ambani, said that would celebrate ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ with a pan India 5G rollout.
Ten Highlights Of The Story
- Jio has been allotted spectrum in the 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3300 MHz, and 26 GHz bands.
- Jio will be the only operator providing pan-India 5G services in the 700MHz spectrum. It has bought spectrum worth ₹ 39,270 crore in the coveted 700 MHz bands and radiowaves worth ₹ 1,050 crore for spectrum in the 800 MHz band.
- Jio paid ₹ 33,740 crore for radiowaves in the 3300 MHz bands, ₹ 6,990 crore in the 26 GHz band, and ₹ 7,027 crore in the 1800 MHz band.
- Jio owns the highest spectrum footprint, 26,772 MHz (uplink-downlink), in the country. Its total payment for spectrum across multiple bands has also increased to ₹ 7,877 crore.
- Mr. Ambani said that Jio was committed to offering world-class, affordable 5G and 5G-enabled services. The company would accelerate the country’s digital revolution, especially in