Celebrate ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ With Reliance Jio’s 5G-Enabled Services
Reliance Jio is gearing up to roll out an advanced 5G network after buying spectrum worth ₹ 88,078 crore in the auctions. Chairman of Reliance Jio Infocomm, Akash M Ambani, said that would celebrate ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ with a pan India 5G rollout.
Ten Highlights Of The Story
- Jio has been allotted spectrum in the 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3300 MHz, and 26 GHz bands.
- Jio will be the only operator providing pan-India 5G services in the 700MHz spectrum. It has bought spectrum worth ₹ 39,270 crore in the coveted 700 MHz bands and radiowaves worth ₹ 1,050 crore for spectrum in the 800 MHz band.
- Jio paid ₹ 33,740 crore for radiowaves in the 3300 MHz bands, ₹ 6,990 crore in the 26 GHz band, and ₹ 7,027 crore in the 1800 MHz band.
- Jio owns the highest spectrum footprint, 26,772 MHz (uplink-downlink), in the country. Its total payment for spectrum across multiple bands has also increased to ₹ 7,877 crore.
- Mr. Ambani said that Jio was committed to offering world-class, affordable 5G and 5G-enabled services. The company would accelerate the country’s digital revolution, especially in the education, healthcare, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-governance sectors.
- Mr. Ambani further said that Jio’s 5G network would enable the digital solutions that would accelerate India’s AI (Artificial Intelligence) driven march towards becoming a $5 trillion-plus economy.
- Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said that out of the 72,098 MHz of spectrum offered across 10 bands, 51,236 MHz, or 71%, was sold in recently concluded auctions.
- The minister further said that bids worth ₹ 1,50,173 crore were received. The government will get ₹ 13,365 crore in the first year.
- Richest Indian Gautam Adani’s group bought 400Mhz or 1% of all spectrum sold for ₹ 212 crore.
- Telecom tycoon Sunil Bharti Mittal’s Bharti Airtel won a bid of ₹ 43,084 crore, while Vodafone Idea Ltd bought spectrum for ₹ 18,799 crore.