Man City Sends Brentford Close To Relegation Zone With 2-0 Win
Manchester City’s 2-0 win over Brentford in Premier League gave them a whopping 12 points lead over the closest rival Liverpool. The Wednesday match played at the Etihad Stadium saw a jubilant Man City enjoying an easy win over the out-of-form side of Thomas Frank.
Highlights Of The Match:
• Brentford comfortably blunt the relentless league leaders
• Foul by Mads Roerslev turned into a soft penalty for Man City
• Riyad Mahrez converted the penalty into a goal for Man City
• Mahrez has scored in seven straight games for Man City
• A poor clearance by Brentford’s goalkeeper turned into a second goal by Man City
• It was Man City’s unbeaten run to 14 league games
• It was the fifth successive defeat for Brentford
The first goal came in the 40th minute – Riyad Mahrez shot the penalty into a goal
The second goal came in the 69th minute – Kevin De Bruyne fired the shot
Where Does Brentford Stand On Premier League After This Defeat?
The defeat is crushing for Brentford as the club now faces the risk of relegation. They are in the 14th position, six points above Norwich City is in the 18th position. But Brentford has still a game to play and an opportunity to escape relegation.
What Experts Are Saying On Man City’s easy Win?
Man City could have taken more lead in the second half, but they felt comfortable after scoring the second goal. The City coach Pep Guardiola called the match a tough game and appreciated the defense of Brentford. He said that there was no space between midfield and attack. He further maintained that they had to be patient and not make mistakes.
The City coach said that was an important victory that they expected. He said that they were in a good position. He maintained that he didn’t know whether they were the best but they were happy to be on 60 points.