Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Wednesday made actor Jacqueline Fernandez an accused in the extortion case linked to conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar. The investigators organized a confrontation between the two to prove their involvement in the crime.
Here’re 10 highlights of the confrontation.
- They said they were connected over the phone from January’21 end to August’21 and they met twice in Chennai in June.
- JF said they spoke for the first time in the last week of January’21 but SC said it was December 2020.
- JF said they used both WhatsApp calls and WhatsApp video calls for communication but SC said it was WhatsApp only.
- JF said SC introduced himself as Shekhar Ratna Vela and as the owner of Sun TV and as the nephew of Jayalalithaa but SC denied it.
- SC has earlier said that he had purchased a BMW Car for Geraldine Fernandez, sister of JF. But both denied it during the confrontation.
- SC has earlier said that he had purchased cars for the parents of JF in Bahrain. But both denied it during the confrontation.
- SC has earlier said he had arranged USD 185000 into the bank account of Geraldine Fernandez in the USA.