The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 auction will take place on December 23 ahead of the IPL 2023 season. But this time IPL has formed a 5-point formula that the franchises would need to adhere to.
- The franchises have received INR 5 crore extra for IPL 2023 season. The said amount has already been added to their accounts.
- The franchises have to spend 75% of their overall budget at any cost.
- IPL has done away with Right To Match (RTM) for season 2023.
- A franchise could have a minimum of 17 and a maximum of 25 Indian players. The franchises could include a maximum of 8 players in their squads.
- Players who remained unsold in the first round could be brought back later.
The franchises are also allowed the X-Factor substitution from IPL 2023. There will be 12 players in each team for IPL. The franchises will have to bid for players keeping these 5 points in their mind.
How Many Players Are Going For Auction For IPL 2023?
A total of 407 players are available for auction for the upcoming season 2023. The number of vacant spots across the 10 IPL franchises is 87. Considering the larger number of players available, it can be said that this auction is going to be a game-changer for many players. The franchises are expected to bid for younger players.
The Indian Premier League (IPL) mini-auction for the upcoming IPL 2023 season will take place in Kochi on December 23.