World No Tobacco Day 2022 would be used to highlight the environmental impact of the tobacco cycle decided by the UN. Also, the world agency has statistics showing the impact of tobacco on the environment.
• The UN would highlight the environmental impact of tobacco on World No Tobacco Day 2022
• The world agency has shared a fact sheet to aware people about the harmful impact of tobacco on the environment
• Austria’s Cancer Council also shares interesting statistics about challenges faced by smokers in quitting
What UN Has To Say On World No Tobacco Day 2022?
The consumption of tobacco leaves a devastating impact on the environment, WHO said while releasing a fact-sheet highlighting the environmental impact of tobacco consumption. The data provided in the fact sheet relates large-scale deforestation and loss of biodiversity including wildlife to tobacco consumption.
WHO further makes tobacco consumption responsible for the depletion of water, exhaustion of fossil fuel and metal resources, and desertification by loss of soil fertility.
• Every year 8 million people die from tobacco use
• 600,000,000 trees are chopped
• 84,000,000 ton of carbon dioxide is released
• 22,000,000,000 tonnes of water is used up… Read the rest